Thursday, July 10, 2008

What in a Brand?

LV, PRADA, ROLEX,OMEGA, ???? What about it that had make a circle of women or men gone crazy..

i'm a mother of 1 lovely boy,with a hard working & nice hubby, i'm turning 30 soon, what else do i want? err.. a big house with big garden ( with gardener), the new C200,a collection Omega, a big wardrobe filled with Aldo & Nine West, have 40-50 pcs of clutch (ie handbags- branded only)..

The thing is, will i get those luxuries? Yes I believe I will...provided.. I dun have my little boy.

Why?? Here the story goes..

I was invited to a big bargain for expensive watches. Its a preview plus sale for invited guests only. Feeling part privilege and part obligated (its a client's invitation. I drag 'my Datin" along.

As we we're there, I notice all women around 20 of them were looking at the watches, ranging from RM2k- RM20k. I was amuse, not by the watches..but the ladies..all of them were carrying LV lah, Coach lah, Gucci lah... and dress up in designer label as well..I envy them.. I also want to be one of them!!

After just 5 minutes, my "datin' already set an eye on 2 watches..and straight away making her purchases for rm4k plus. WOW..not bad huh..and through my observation, none of these lady do any purchases..they just came in and see see only.."not my taste' they says..One or 2 did some purchases like my 'datin'.

Neither did I make any purchases.. not that those watches 'not my taste' in fact very much mine..but i think i'm not in that league..the 'datin' league..or the 'branded' league...

I was wearing appropriately- my usual working suit, My only Aldo shoe, a"Celine" bag ( a gift from my 'datin') and a big warm smile. I fitted in that room very well. I do looks like i'm playing in the same league.

I'm in a league of my own, I picked up a few watches that really catch my eyes, try it on my wrist,had an urge the rm4-5k keeps ringing on my head. I can make those purchases and walk off making myself proud in the crowd. Later I can wear those as a status to share with frens & family. But the catch is...I won't buy any nutrition foods for IZ for 3-4 months ( and tell myself its ok as every child growing up the same anyway),or I will cancel the plan of getting the RM6K vacuum cleaner that eliminate dust mites that's irritate IZ, or even not buying IZ any books or toys for half a year(he has plenty of it anyway)...

but I put those watches down, walk to 'datin' and waited until she's done with her purchases. Instead of being happy with the branded watches, i walk off with a happy thought.. a comfortable and assurance feeling. I've choose something that I won't regret later.I've choose to play in IZ league.



ps: 'my datin" Is my beloved sister - dun belong to any league mentioned above.. as she have it all..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home